If your desk is marked PEARL 2000 on the top of the front panel please see
section 2 of this
Section 1 Upgrade details for Original Pearl users.
In order to complete this upgrade you
will be required to remove the motherboard and solder sockets into it.
You should therefore be competent in soldering electronic components.
If you are not please return your desk, or the mother board to Avolites for the upgrade to be completed there.
It may take up to 90 minutes to fit and test this upgrade assuming everything goes well.
Make sure you allow sufficient contingency time in case you encounter some difficulty.
Back up your show BEFORE starting this upgrade.
- Open the desk.
- Identify the position of IC 13. This is near the battery and is an 8 pin device. This chip may or may not be fitted and there may or may not be a socket fitted.
- If there is a socket fitted but no chip, fit the DS1210.Check you fit it the correct way round.
- If there is already a DS1210 fitted you will not need the one supplied.
- If no chip or socket is fitted you will need to remove the mother board in order to solder the socket in place, and then fit the DS1210.
Make sure they are both fitted the correct way round.
- Identify IC 8 and IC11, these are near the edge of the board on the same side as the battery.
- If the sockets are fitted you need only plug in the 0.5MB SIL rams. These are the long thin chips. Caution: Make sure pin 1 is closest to the battery. The RAM chip has 2 pins fewer than the socket. The empty holes should be furthest away from the battery. Pin 1 on the SIL ram is usually marked with a white label. (The SIL ram will be damaged if fitted incorrectly.)
- If there are no sockets fitted you must remove the mother board and solder the sockets supplied into the motherboard. These may need to be cut to the correct length. Once the sockets have been fitted fit the SIL ram as described above
- If you have removed the motherboard, refit it and reconnect the various connectors.
- Check again that the chips you have fitted are the correct way round.
- Check all the cables have been fitted correctly
- Power up and check the desk operates correctly.
- Upgrade details for Pearl 2000 users
Your desk must say on the top panel PEARL 2000. If it does not then read
Section 1 of this
This upgrade will take at least 30 minutes assuming there are no difficulties.
Although it may take longer if you encounter some unexpected difficulty.
Do not carry out an upgrade if there is insufficient time to seek further assistance from Avolites.
Back up any show data before starting this upgrade.
You should have been supplied two 0.5MB Single In Line (SIL) ram chips.
This upgrade is part number 05-03-0600.
- Open the desk.
- Identify the long single in line sockets to the edge of the main board and near the battery.
- Pin 1 of these sockets is nearest the battery.
- Identify pin 1 on the SIL ram chips supplied in the upgrade kit.
Pin 1 is marked on the white label.
- Plug pin 1 of the SIL ram chip into pin 1 of each socket. There will be 2 empty sockets at the opposite end to pin 1.
- Check again you have plugged pin 1 of the SIL ram into pin 1 of the socket.
- Close up the desk and power up.